How-to: Curbside Service
How to reserve items and utilize curbside services
Step 1: Where to log in
- Visit https://bellw.kohalibrary.com
- Find the "My account [log in]" at the top of the page
- Click the little down arrow (to the right) and select "Log in"
Step 2: Input your log in information
- Your username is the barcode on your library card. Note: Your barcode starts with a "P"
- Your password is the last 4 digits of your phone number
Step 3: How to reserve items
- Once you are logged in, look for the "Library Catalog" button. You can find books, movies, magazines, & music
- Click on the item you are interested in & check the "availability status"
- If the item is labeled "available", click "place on hold". You will need to click "place on hold" a second time, too
- NOTE: You may only reserve a total of 5 items at a time
Step 4: Receive Pickup Date & Time
- Once you have reserved your items, a library staff member will contact you to set up a pickup time & date
Step 5: Pickup Rules
- Park in a parking space with a number sign
- Call the library at 361-777-4560 when you arrive and let them know which numbered parking space you are in
- Pop the trunk to your vehicle. If you must do it manually, please do so before we come outside with your items
- A library staff member will come out with your items & ask your name to ensure we’re delivering to the right car.
Please do NOT roll down the window! Simply respond with a thumbs up or nod if we have your name correct
- If you wish to move the items somewhere else in your vehicle, please do not get out of your vehicle to do so
until library staff members are at least 6 feet away from your vehicle
You must have a library card from the Bell/Whittington Public Library to be able to access curbside services.
If you do not have a library card, you can apply for one by filling out and submitting the following form:
Library Card Application